Work With Me
I’d love to help you reach your business goals. If your issues involve learning, training, social media or content management — I’m the guy.
There are three general ways that I work with clients:
- Project Management of big ($100K+ learning or training projects) on a 3-6 month contract basis.
- Instructional Design of technical learning — involving new media like e-learning, social media, or other bleeding-edge techniques. Mostly as a “virtual” team member, with some in-person meetings as required.
- “Pay What It’s Worth” consults for small clients, who just want to know where to start or how to get past a particular challenge. Usually just a few hours. We focus on a specific issue you’re trying to deal with, and at the end you pay based on what benefit you think you’ve received.*
If you’re interested, just pop me a short email (email@example.com) and explain the opportunity. We’ll set up a time to talk about it.
If you’d like a PWIW consult, I limit myself to just a few a month — depending on what else is on my plate, and it’s first-come first-served.
Recent consults have included:
- Which LMS should we buy? Where should it live? Who should run it?
- Why does our e-learning suck so much? How could we fix it?
- Does it really take six months to write a one-week in-person class? Can we do it faster? How?
- What software tool should we use to a)Design stuff b)Deliver stuff c)Fix stuff
- How do we integrate social media like Twitter and Facebook into our business so it actually improves our bottom line?
*Yes, I know this sounds nuts. Why would anyone pay me if they don’t have to? Take a look at Radiohead or The World Of Goo and you’ll see that most folks actually are willing to pay as much or more if they get value. And as a little business, I know that you just can’t risk much on people who claim they know everything.